‘Tis the season to find ways to use up all those HUGE zucchinis that somehow remained unseen in your, or your neighbors, garden!
Zucchini Bread - Gluten Free and Vegan
- 1 C applesauce (*homemade by putting 1 apple in a blender with ¼ C water)
- ¼ C maple syrup
- ¼ C coconut oil
- 1 T apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 T chia seeds
- 2 C grated fresh zucchini
- ½ t lemon zest
- ¾ C brown rice flour
- ¾ C gluten free oat flour (*make your own by placing gluten free oats in a coffee/spice grinder)
- ½ C tapioca flour
- 2 t baking soda
- 2 t baking powder
- 1 t salt
- 1 t cinnamon
- 1 t guar gum
- ½ c raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place apple sauce, maple syrup, coconut oil, apple cider vinegar and chia seeds in a blender and blend on high.
- Pour liquid mixture into mixing bowl
- Grate zucchini and zest lemon, and mix in with other wet ingredients
- In a separate bowl, add remaining ingredients (except raisins) and carefully whisk until mixed
- Add dry ingredients into wet and gradually stir until well mixed.
- Add raisins, and mix well.
- Pour batter into prepared mini loaves or regular bake pan (I used a 12" x 12" bake pan).
- Bake for 30 minutes (mini loaves) or 45 minutes (bake pan). A knife inserted in the middle should come out clean and you may need to bake longer depending on the moisture of the zucchini.
- Cool for 10 minutes and invert on wire cooling rack to cool the rest of the way.